Posted on the BCEH website are the final versions of the scoring tools. There have not been any changes made to the renewal project scoring tool, however we wanted to send this out to consolidate all of the information in one place for your reference. The new project tool will be used for any new or expansion projects submitted to the CoC.
This year, the CoC has implemented a Ranking Committee. This small group consists of representatives from the community that do not receive HUD funding and representatives from the Berks Youth Action Board. This committee will be reviewing all scoring data, project applications, and other relevant information. The committee will then decide on the final Priority Listing for all projects – please note that the committee will not be using only scores to create the Priority Listing but will consider all aspects of the project. All organizations will have the opportunity to appeal the decisions to the ranking committee after the Priority Listing is released. Please see the attached ranking protocol for more information.
The deadlines are as follows:
- August 19, 2022 – Housing First Narrative and Racial Equity action steps due to the CoC via email (email@example.com)
- August 25, 2022 – all renewal projects submitted to the CoC in e-snaps
- August 25, 2022 – all new and expansion project proposals submitted to the CoC via email (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- September 15, 2022 – all projects will be notified if they are accepted or rejected
- September 30, 2022 – Collaborative Application due to HUD
We understand that this timeline is very tight and the e-snaps information has not been released. If HUD adjusts the deadline, we will make changes accordingly for the local competition deadlines. Please feel free to reach out if you have any questions or need additional supports.
We will send out communication as soon as we are aware that the project applications are available in e-snaps. We recommend using last year’s applications and guidance if you wish to work ahead.